At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager inherits an existing set of well documented processes, policies, and expectations, although there is considerable scope and expectation to re-evaluate these, and help take the CSM team to new heights by doing so.
The objective of the CSM team is the retention of all Enterprise customers by ensuring they meet their success criteria and realise ever-growing value from the Vercel platform. As a manager of a CSM team, your role is to support and grow your team in making this a reality at all time, always finding ways to improve team efficiencies and scalability. Experience of using a CS CRM is beneficial and an understanding of SaaS Enterprise lifecycles essential, as is experience implementing well defined customer playbooks and activation strategies.
The desire to deliver exceptional customer experiences at scale is what will motivate you and help you and your team achieve success through a variety of means that you will have direct influence over.
What You Will Do:
- Managing a team of CSMs and helping them to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Setting, measuring, and analyzing metrics to clearly indicate what success looks like.
- Hiring and growing your CSM team to keep pace with customer demands.
- Using a CS CRM to scale the CSM function and engage the entire company in CSM activity.
- Identifying further data requirements for the CRM and working with CS Operations to enable.
- Evaluating existing processes and workflows, improving and adding wherever required.
- Coaching your CSM team through various methods to help them deliver a better service.
- Acting as an escalation point for any customers dissatisfied with the platform service.
- Working closely with the CSE managers to consistently improve customer issue resolution.
- Forecast key CSM metrics through a variety of data analysis tools, actioning where required.
- Reporting the above metrics to the CS leadership team on a weekly basis.
- 5+ Experience working in Customer Success at a SaaS company.
- 5+ Experience devising and implementing SaaS customer activations strategies
- 5+ Experience setting and managing KPI’s and growth plans for team members.
- Experience driving efficiencies and undergoing significant scaling.
- Experience specifying, staffing, and managing projects both internally and externally.
- Desire to work cross-functionally, engaging closely with Product and Engineering.
- Desire to mentor direct reports and help them succeed in their growth.
- Taking ownership of important decisions in the absence of leadership.
- Experience working in an asynchronous communication environment.
- Ability to calmly handle pressurized situations at all times.
- Technical knowledge within modern application development and deployment.
Bonus If You:
- Are experienced in frontend development using React and Next.js.
- Have worked with a CDN on a regular basis.
- Understand well, and can communicate clearly about DNS.
- Have created a custom CI/CD pipeline or CLI tool.
- Have experience working with Enterprise applications at global scale.
- Enjoy improving hiring processes for all involved, especially candidates.
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA OTE pay range for this role is $176,000.00 – $264,000.00. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
To apply for this job please visit vercel.com.