At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Marketing, the Director of Marketing Operations will play a critical role in developing and executing Marketing and Growth strategies that drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. You will lead a team responsible for managing the marketing technology stack, campaign operations, and marketing automation systems. Your expertise will be vital in ensuring effective strategy, efficient investments and ensuring alignment with the company’s overall business objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Define the Marketing Operations vision and strategy that enables intelligent decisions through precise analysis.
- Own the marketing operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented and customized to meet the needs of the marketing department.
- Lead a team responsible for managing marketing technology platforms, including CRM, marketing automation, analytics, and other relevant tools.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, engineering + product management, and finance, to align marketing initiatives with company goals.
- Establish and optimize marketing processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement data-driven strategies to segment customers, personalize marketing campaigns, and improve targeting.
- Oversee marketing campaign operations, including campaign planning, execution, tracking, and reporting.
- Partner with the GTM Analytics team to ensure the marketing department can correctly report on the demand funnel, program ROI and pipeline performance.
- Partner with Demand Generation and Sales Development on automated outbound campaigns
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging marketing technologies, recommending approaches to enhance marketing operations.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and agencies, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and solutions.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in marketing operations, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Solid understanding of marketing automation, CRM, analytics, and other relevant marketing technology platforms.
- Proficient in data analysis, reporting, and data-driven decision-making.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication and leadership abilities with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of B2B marketing, developer marketing, and SaaS industry trends.
- Creative thinker with a strategic mindset and the ability to translate business goals into actionable marketing plans.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $200,00 – $250,000. This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.