Vertice is a rapidly expanding technology company on a mission to help businesses manage their growing spend on SaaS. Businesses are turning to Vertice to gain visibility and savings on their SaaS stack, taking advantage of pricing insights, trend data, smart dashboards and expert negotiators.
Founded by two brothers, Roy and Eldar Tuvey, with a successful history of building SaaS startups, Vertice has already become one of the fastest growing vendors in the market having raised $26million in our Series A funding.
We’re well positioned to achieve our mission but we need the right people to ensure it happens. We’re looking to scale quickly but responsibly as we embark on an exciting new stage of growth. Headquartered in London, you’ll be joining a global company and working across talented cross-functional teams to drive innovation and make a significant impact.
As a Finance Manager you’ll be a key member of our Business Operations function, working alongside our RevOps, Data and People teams to support and enable growth across all of our functions.
We’re at a very early stage, so you won’t be inheriting legacy decisions, broken systems and age-old issues. It can be exciting or intimidating to start from scratch, but the fun part about being involved from the beginning is that you get to help decide how things work, and get stuck in with building a fantastic company. We are seeking someone with the energy to build a best-in-class framework for financial operations, reporting and analysis as we scale the business.
You don’t need to have years of experience, but you must have lots of potential. This is a great opportunity for a smart, motivated person to advance their career. The right candidate will possess genuine drive and a pro-active, ‘can-do’ mindset. You will have a growing level of autonomy, and report directly to the Financial Controller.
- Ownership of our accounts payables, accounts receivables and reconciliation processes
- Continued improvement of the internal finance function, implementing new tools and procedures.
- Support Financial Controller on month end, and UK/International Tax & Compliance.
- Assist in future financial audits.
- Run ad-hoc analysis & reporting for the leadership team to solve business problems in real-time.
- Collaborate with other Business Operations teams to report on commercial & SaaS metrics and look for initiatives to improve the way we work together.
- Qualified accountant with a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA or similar) with good technical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP.
- You are a clear, confident and compelling communicator — in writing, in conversation and in front of customers.
- You are an expert project manager who can manage stakeholder expectations, and ensures all key objectives and timelines are met.
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook or process doesn’t exist yet, you go figure it out and build it.
Things we like to see:
- Experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty – in an early-stage start-up priorities can change quickly.
- Strong work ethic with a “get stuff done” mentality.
- Humility, kindness and respect in working with others. We’re hoping to create a supportive and caring culture of high performing people, and your attitude is just as important as your skillset.
- Individuals that are eager to start something new; to commit to an ambitious plan and co-create a memorable and meaningful company. Autonomy is a highly valued quality.
- Thinking creatively to solve problems based on data to drive meaningful results.
Why Join Vertice?
- Be a part of a fast-growing, innovative startup that is changing the way businesses buy and sell SaaS.
- Work with passionate and talented teams that value your contributions and expertise.
- Be part of a culture that promotes a growth mindset, transparency, collaboration, understanding and diversity.
- Share in our success with equity options.
- Share Options
- 25 days of vacation
- 3 sick days
- Meal vouchers 130 CZK/day fully covered by the company
- Group life insurance
- MultiPass and FlexiPass contribution
- Quality referral bonus program
- Language courses with a professional lector
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!
If you aren’t sure this job applies to you, feel free to send your CV to [email protected], and we’ll be happy to take a look and see if you could be a good fit anywhere else in our business!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.