Virtual Peaker is looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will help solve the climate crisis by supporting our mission of building the utility of the future. The intermittent nature of wind and solar energy makes it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, and Virtual Peaker is part of the solution. The PMM will establish our product marketing programs and report to the VP of Marketing.
Product marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for the Virtual Peaker platform. This role is pivotal in telling VP’s most important and interesting stories to educate others on our value propositions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to achieve the team’s marketing goals and drive growth for the business. This role will have a strong emphasis on the opportunity identification, solution design, creation, execution, and optimization of growth campaigns including email, in-product, and offline channels. Success in this role means working cross-functionally to design, launch, and analyze marketing campaigns.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will help define our positioning, and messaging and enable our rapidly growing sales team. Your primary focus will be developing narratives around the benefits of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). You will create compelling content to help customers understand use cases and value propositions, and integrate this content into the right field and partner marketing programs, to drive customer engagement, customer acquisition, and service adoption. You’ll get to work at a new and rapidly growing business and have a big impact every day.
- Enable sales on marketing positioning, product features, and benefits.
- Establish best-in-class product marketing processes and standards.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages.
- Engage with demand generation and customer marketing to identify and integrate messaging and content into lead generation, customer engagement, and product adoption-focused marketing programs.
- Own the development of joint value propositions and messaging for Virtual Peaker.
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages as well as presentations, customer success stories, and videos.
- Develop and execute Virtual Peaker and/or partner-led breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively.
- Deliver presentations to internal and external audiences (analysts, customers, Virtual Peaker sessions, and/or third-party public events) on Virtual Peaker and joint partner messaging for our platform.
- Act as primary subject matter expert for marketing content needs, understanding key product features and functionality.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in a B2B setting
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience working and enabling small to medium sales teams
- Experience in driving outcomes with cross-functional teams to establish strong partnerships with demonstrable results
- Self-starter who can juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including a strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- An entrepreneurial drive, a track record of trying new things, and a proven ability to bring others along
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills – the ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
What You Can Expect:
- Full remote position, with remote-work stipend.
- Competitive salary, Commission, Equity
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- Full benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays
- A diverse and inclusive community for everyone
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a small player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Location: Remote with remote work stipend