At Virtuous, our mission is to build better solutions and create a culture of collaboration and growth. We aim to move the needle on global generosity by making a positive impact on the nonprofits we serve and intrinsically, the world. At our core, we aim to blend philanthropy and technology into one cohesive force.
Our team is made up of humble individuals who are driven by using their skills and expertise to push the boundaries of what is possible. We strive to break the status quo and offer the best products and services for the needs of our nonprofits, exceeding their expectations.
We also recognize the importance of giving back and making a difference in the communities where we live and work. That’s why we practice radical generosity, whether it’s through charitable donations, volunteering our time and resources, or simply being kind and compassionate to those around us. We enjoy the journey in all of our pursuits, recognizing that the destination is only a small part of the overall experience.
At Virtuous we hire the best talent which is not solely defined by skillset but rather the heart and passion for growing generosity in the world. We are not partners but rather champions for the success of the nonprofits we serve. We believe that it’s not just about achieving our goals but having fun along the way. We try not to take ourselves too seriously and no one around here is a “big deal”.
The ideal candidate for Virtuous embodies the following beliefs and behaviors that our team shares:
Attributes of a great team member:
- Asks questions with a spirit of curiosity
- Gives feedback freely with candor & grace, welcomes it in return
- Displays a passion for philanthropy and technology
- Actively listens to & empathizes with customers, partners, & team
- Leads by serving. Everyone is willing to make the coffee!
- Celebrates wins & milestones of others
- Assumes good intent & demonstrates trust in others
- Pursues relationships with people different from themselves & creates space to be human
Find our core values & more here.
Virtuous is looking for a motivated, and purposeful sales professional with experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and/ or technology to join our growing Sales Development team.
As the Manager of Sales Development, you’ll help develop and scale our team of SDRs and grow our inbound/outbound sales function. The primary focus of the role will be coaching and leading a team working to create qualified pipeline opportunities for sales. You’ll live in the space between Marketing and Sales to ensure every effort is taken to maximize the number of qualified sales meetings we are able to book and ensure no lead is left behind. You’ll also use your creativity and outbound skills to launch outbound campaigns leveraging resources from partners, our existing content, and current database of names.
You’ll be responsible for leading and coaching a team of SDRs. This will include daily coaching around strategy, execution, and reaching activity goals. It will include listening to calls, reviewing emails, and optimizing our inbound chat channels. You’ll focus on operational excellence and ensure that the technologies (HubSpot) and processes we use are optimized to ensure maximum productivity from the team including reviewing and testing our systems and strategies weekly to ensure we are putting our best foot forward.
You’ll report to the Senior Manager, GTM Strategy & Demand Generation and partner with the Marketing team on three (3) primary focus areas: team management and coaching, creating of “Sales Accepted Leads”, and operational excellence.
- Use your skills and talents to coach and lead a team to help generate Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) for Virtuous
- Individually contribute to campaigns and use your skills to test and optimize outbound strategies. We want someone who isn’t afraid to “do” with the team. We need someone to lead by example and by first hand experience.
- Partner with marketing and our community team to find and create opportunities to leverage for outbound campaigns (partner webinars, events, etc.)
- Learn about the nonprofit fundraising space and quickly become an expert on the common software needs and pain points of nonprofit organizations
- Help your team build a pipeline by contacting cold and warm leads (inbound through Hubspot)
- Attend trade shows to help increase awareness of our brand
- Engage your team with regular huddles, interactive meetings, and fun challenges
- Design and manage the SDR playbook and plays (templates, snippets, and sequences) to enable Sales Development Reps to ramp and drive success
- Advise content and product marketing teams on enablement resource development
- Collaborate with GTM leaders to establish quarterly customer demand and pipeline targets
- Present weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics on Sales Development pipeline performance
- Ensure we are maximizing the tools we are using to increase productivity for the team
- Manage and grow our online chat presence and create tools for easy online engagement
- Create and manage “sequences” and our messaging within Hubspot+Salesloft so every call, email and touch point is highly curated, varied and up-to-date
- Work with marketing to ensure lead flow is optimized in Hubspot and that we have a plan and strategy for every single lead.
- Responsible for weekly reporting and monitoring of team activity levels, progress against “SALs”, and overall effectiveness of out outbound engagement (conversion rate, opens/clicks, meetings)
- Focus on data hygiene to ensure leads are not missed, fields are complete, and reporting is accurate
- Coaching and assisting SDR team on working leads, creating opportunities, and outbound activities/campaigns
- Weekly review of individual and team progress toward goals
- Scale and grow team as needed including professional development and future opportunity mapping
- Engage in active performance management, driving excellence in SDR’s while holding individuals accountable when benchmarks are not met
You Must Have
- 3+ years working with nonprofits and/or in SaaS, and 3+ years experience in partnerships, sales, or similar field
- Experience managing a team or training SDRs to produce meetings and opportunities
- Experience working in and optimizing use of a CRM (especially Hubspot ) and sales engagement tools (especially Salesloft)
- A creative mindset with a willingness to push beyond defined constraints to expose unseen opportunities for business development
- A Hunter at heart, but one who does so with empathy
- Know all data has a story and you have a knack for teasing this out and presenting it in a concise way.
- Willingness to travel as needed (up to 10%)
What We Offer
- Market competitive pay leveraging Carta data
- Employee recognition through Bonusly (birthdays, anniversaries, achievements, etc.)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching- 6% match up to 50% after 90 days
- We value our employee’s work-life balance and encourage taking advantage of Unlimited PTO
- Supportive time off including paid volunteer days and company holidays
- Ample Medical/Dental/Vision healthcare benefitsincluding dependent plans & HSA/FSA offerings
- Fully funded mental and Wellness memberships to nurture employees- Kindbody, OneMedical, Talkspace & Teladoc
- 12 weeks primary parent leave, 4 weeks secondary parent leave – full pay (adoption as well)
- We pride ourselves on Community and host exciting company outings and events.