Visto is an immigration tech company based in Toronto. Our platform helps Canadian immigration professionals work with their clients to prep and file applications faster than ever! We are a small, remote-first tech startup cofounded and operated by two great friends – Josh (our CEO and immigration lawyer) and Alex (our CTO and fullstack software developer).
Our mission is to streamline and automate the immigration process as much as possible so immigration professionals can get more done in less time, and help more clients achieve their dreams in Canada!
You can learn more about our company and founding team here.
About the Role:
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Visto, you’ll play a crucial role in the growth and success of the company in Canada. You’ll be responsible for identifying and generating new business opportunities through outbound prospecting and lead qualification, with the primary goal of connecting with potential customers, nurturing relationships, and setting up (and eventually running) product demos of our platform.
As the first hire in our sales department, there is unlimited upward flexibility while we look to design and build the sales team. While this starts out as more of a junior sales role, we hope that you’ll have the interest and motivation to evolve into more of a senior sales and customer success role asap.
- Outbound Outreach: Initiate contact with prospects via phone, email, and social media to introduce our product and qualify their interest.
- Appointment Setting: Schedule product demos for the sales team with qualified prospects, eventually learning to give full product demos and managing the entire sales cycle on your own.
- Customer Success: Build and maintain strong relationships with potential and current customers, understanding their pain points, challenges, and goals to give them the best experience possible.
- CRM Management: Document all interactions, leads, and activities accurately in our customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with sales, marketing and engineering to align efforts and ensure a seamless customer journey.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously refine and enhance outbound prospecting techniques and communication strategies to optimize results.
- 1-2 years of experience in sales and/or customer success (CS).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, remote and as part of a small team with legal work authorization inside Canada.
- The following is not required but is a plus:
- Sales/CS experience at a B2B SaaS and/or legal tech company
- Experience or knowledge of immigration
- An interest in evolving into a more senior role and building out our entire sales function
- Familiarity with GSuite, Hubspot and Notion
To apply for this job please visit visto-tech.notion.site.