What You’ll Do
You will coordinate with our CEO and Executive team in the areas of member relations and communications. We are looking for a leader who is a relationship builder and has a successful track record of building and maintaining partnerships with those they work with. This is where you come in. You’ll be responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our members, company objectives, active projects and the cooperative business model to ensure that outcomes meet the needs of our members.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s projects, activities and objectives and refine into easy-to-understand and connected communications on a wide variety of topics that support the needs of the membership.
- Ensure communications with members are impactful and aligned with our desired tone.
- Track results and apply key learnings to improve future communications and engagement. You should be comfortable trying new things in order to see what resonates best with our various audiences.
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever “hat” is necessary to achieve communications focused on our members.
- Oversees all corporate media relations communications; develops communications plans for major community impacts, identify media opportunities and coordinates media releases.
- Oversees marketing and communications staff to ensure strategies are developed to support communications and marketing plans.
- Oversees economic development staff to ensure initiatives support economic vitality throughout the service territory.
So what strengths will help you thrive in this position? You audience is your obsession. Working across member relations, you get to know your audiences well. You have the ability to productively converse, cater to, and evolve your approach depending on who you’re working with. You are highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once. You thrive in a fast-paced unstructured environment while maintaining a strong focus on execution and results. You are able to remain nimble, ready to jump on opportunities when they arise. You’re low ego and able to adapt to new information and constructive guidance. You involve collaborators throughout the process and maximize opportunities to deliver amazing work that generates satisfaction with your stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant progressive communications and customer relations experience.
- Passionate about the cooperative business model and building positive member relations.
- Demonstrated results in problem solving that are strategic.
- Comfortable with generating ideas and plans, and getting those plans across the finish line.
- The ability to prioritize and change direction quickly according to fast-evolving member needs.
- Passionate, positive, self-starter who enjoys working in a cross-functional team environment.