The Senior Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the development, planning and implementation of marketing strategies, programs and projects that support institutional and subscription based products available from Ovid and on the Ovid platform
The Senior Product Marketing Specialist in partnership with the Associate Director and wider Product Marketing team, will help define and deliver the strategic marketing direction and plan ensuring that the strategy successfully delivers revenue growth and therefore needs to be a strong and flexible team player who can exercise influence across organizational silos. This position works closely with key stakeholders including Product Management, Sales and Central Marketing to develop an integrated product and marketing strategy.
Responsibilities include market segmentation, buyer and user research, competitive analysis, new product launches and enhancements, generating leads and sales, sales support, assessing campaign ROI. This position plays a key role in generating opportunity and growth in the HLRP Medicine Segment.
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA (Hybrid or Remote – East time zone)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of product launches and enhancement releases, defining product positioning, messaging and pre and post-launch market activities. Monitor delivery and adjust as necessary to achieve the new product business case.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technology, Sales, Finance, Content Experts, and other stakeholders to ensure that GTM plans, business cases and sales targets are supported by the appropriate marketing plans, developed by Product Marketing, and implemented through Central Marketing.
- In collaboration with Sales Enablement and Product Management, ensure that Sales is equipped to sell the product(s): identifying priority segments and/ or target accounts; supporting sales targets with the appropriate marketing plan; creating sales tools to support every stage of the selling process, including positioning playbooks, pitch decks, collateral, demos, etc. drawing on Central Marketing resources where needed
- Create and submit campaign plans and available budgets to Central Marketing; review project plans for the proposed integrated campaigns to be developed/executed by Central Marketing, including project management milestones, in-market dates and KPIs.
- Set and report on marketing KPIs – leads generated, lead to sales conversion, market penetration based on data and analytics provided by Central Marketing
- Generate B2B leads via appropriate and compelling direct marketing (lead generation and nurture), ABM, sales collateral, web presence and smart use of web marketing, developed and executed by Central Marketing resources
- Assess the ROI of marketing campaigns and ongoing marketing spend, adjusting spend as appropriate to meet KPIs based on reporting delivered by Central Marketing
- Updating positioning & sales materials and marketing collateral to communicate product benefits utilizing Central Marketing resources and expertise most effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively across the Medicine Segment team, collaborating with the MEMP and Journals Product Marketing, Finance; ability to address customer needs/problems that impact user experience (features, functionality, stability) and the content experience (quality, consistency, and outcomes) across the portfolio.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing or related marketing role
- 4+ years delivering successful digital and web marketing for Institutional digital products
- Experience bringing new products to market, preferably information and/or software products
- Experience using data and segmentation to create and deliver on revenue opportunities
- Previous experience and ability to manage projects involving cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Creative and analytical mindset
- Healthcare market experience a plus
- 5% – 10% travel