At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it’s what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
You’ll join a team of highly driven, curious, and collaborative individuals who are passionate about bringing new and innovative products to the market, revolutionizing the world of HR-tech. We are a diverse and geographically dispersed team who use customer-centricity and a deep understanding of our market dynamics and unique capabilities, to carefully align our messaging and positioning to customer and prospect needs across all of our Workday HCM product suite.
About the Role
We’re seeking a curious, enthusiastic and experienced Product Marketer to bring to market, the value of Workday’s products and solutions, through our AI and ML capabilities to our CHRO buyer personas. The Principal, Product Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally to implement positioning and go-to-market strategies in support of our flagship HCM Core product specifically across our AI and ML technology. The main focus area for this role will be on Workday’s AI and ML capabilities and how they support Workday’s position as the most adaptable cloud platform for enterprise management of people processes.
Working closely with senior leadership across Product Management, Technology and the wider Product Marketing team, the ideal candidate will lead the development of compelling messaging, content assets and sales enablement, as well as the successful implementation of the Go-To-Market activities related to our AI and ML capabilities. This is a hands-on role that will partner closely with product, sales, and engineering, implementing compelling product documentation and sales assets.
You will oversee the development and execution of best-in-class content, product positioning, and messaging strategies for our HCM Core AI and ML technology as it spans across products and solutions. The successful candidate will be able to think creatively and out-of-the-box, be passionate about a fast-paced environment and technologies that evolve over time, and have a curious personality that allows them to identify unique opportunities and complete the global GTM activities.
- Own the go-to-market strategy for Workday’s Core HCM AI and ML technology, including internal and external collateral development, sales training, customer communication and messaging.
- Work closely with product teams, partner teams, competitive intelligence, and field enablement to build compelling & relevant AI and ML content and tools to enable our sales, and field teams
- Drive AI and ML content and messages to support new product and technology launches, work with Analyst Relations to ensure Workdays AI differentiators and capabilities are clearly understood
- Continuously explore and recommend new ways to deliver our AI message around the value of Workday’s AI capabilities whether digital, written, demonstrative, or at live events.
- Analyze market trends and gather commercial team/customer feedback to inform the product roadmap, and partner with the Competitive Intelligence team to define product differentiators.
- Lead cross-functional and collaborative campaigns and launch programs to ensure successful product rollouts with the highest commercial impact.
- Build strong relationships across Workday functional and regional teams in order to drive service awareness
- Occasional travel
- 8+ years of product/solutions/services marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successful track record of launching B2B, SaaS, products across global markets to generate demand across prospects and existing customers.
- Experience designing sales collateral based on sales conversations, calls, market research, and own expertise.
- Results-driven marketing professional with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals
- Curious about new and emerging technologies with an ability to understand complex concepts and translate them into value realization for customers
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, and analytical skills along with ability to implement
- Strong passion and understanding of AI technology and its applications. Familiarity with machine learning, large language models, generative AI, or other AI subject areas is highly desirable
- Additional experience in the HR industry is a plus.
- Objectivity and openness to others’ views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
- Drives teamwork and collaborative information sharing
Workday Pay Transparency Statement – United States
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations in the United States (US) are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Primary Location Base Pay Range: $162,200 – $243,200
Additional US Location(s) Base Pay Range: $144,800 – $243,200
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you’ll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote “home office” roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!