We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
What’s cool about this job?
WP Engine is seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to lead and build the go-to-market strategy for products within our Managed WordPress portfolio. We’re looking for someone with a passion for crafting strategic go-to-market motions and the ability to bring that vision to fruition.
You’ll be working closely with the Product, Sales, Marketing, and Support teams to launch products and deliver messaging, pricing and packaging, and positioning that resonates with all customers and prospects to help them tackle key business problems. You should be comfortable working with product leaders and executive partners to drive your go-to-market vision across the company. You will talk about products and positioning with our customers and help bring their needs into the product go-to-market strategy. This includes taking new solutions within your portfolio from inception to market and accelerating growth of existing products in the portfolio so you’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, creative problem solving, and strategic planning.
The Day to Day
- Developing and refining the positioning, messaging, and pricing for WP Engine’s products that differentiates WP Engine in the market
- The launch and ongoing promotion of products and features by collaborating with cross-functional Marketing, Product Management, Support, and Sales teams
- Developing a deep understanding of our customers and our agency partners; keep a pulse on the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market strategy
- Helping the team generate quality content for prospective and existing customers and partners; including emails, landing pages, webinars, blog posts, case studies, videos, pitch decks, and more
- Working with the cross-functional marketing team to drive interest, qualified leads, and ultimately customers for our product
- Conduct in-depth market research to inform go-to-market strategy for various product and feature launches
- Develop detailed sales and support enablement material including live trainings, LMS content, and knowledge assets
- Track, document, and present to stakeholders and executive leadership on product performance, go-to-market initiatives, and key results
Your Expertise and Passion
- Excellent product instincts and technical curiosity that translate to clear packaging, positioning, and messaging
- Product growth and performance driven—proactively monitor and communicate product performance on a daily basis and take action as necessary to ensure growth goals are achieved
- Approach all projects with a customer-first mentality
- Shown success in developing and implementing full-funnel product launch campaigns for technical products
- Collaborative history working with copywriters, designers, developers, photographers, and videographers
- Thrive in cross-functional environments and can effectively empower website, product, sales, and support teams
- Have outstanding written, communication, and speaking skills
- Exceptionally organized and efficient—take on various types of projects and own them from start to finish
- Slide deck building and content synthesis expertise, with strong presentation skills for both sales and executive audiences.
- Can take complex and technical concepts and make them approachable
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Base Salary Range
$104,000.00 – $156,000.00
We believe that compensation should be reflective of the impact you have within the organization relative to the market value of your role. The estimated base salary range for this position is as listed above. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Our salary ranges are determined by job role and responsibilities and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for salaries for the position nationwide. The actual base pay will vary based on various factors including job-related skills and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. Your talent acquisition partner can share more about the total rewards package at WP Engine including any additional total rewards components such as equity, variable pay plans (if applicable), and benefits during the hiring process.
Follow us on social media