✍🏽 About Writer
AI your people will love. That’s our vision, and it contains multitudes 🙂
We’re filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
🛣 Traction and backing
Writer is deployed widely at leading companies like UnitedHealthcare, Accenture, Intuit, UiPath, HubSpot, Spotify, Hilton, Uber, and Deloitte. We have an NRR of +135% and we’re just getting started.
Our inbound funnel is large and growing fast (+3M visitors/month, thousands of weekly ICP trial starts). In late 2021, we received a $21M Series A led by Insight Partners, with participation from Google’s Gradient Ventures, GTMFund, and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. We’re a clear leader in a space receiving significant investor interest, and will be able to make the investments required to maintain that position.
🎯 Why it’s the perfect time to join
- We’re still only 50 people. There’s a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You’ll have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you’ll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — and make work more enjoyable for the users who depend on us to meet their goals.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We’re at ‘scale it’ and are continually learning. If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join.
🤓 What we’re like
- We connect. We bring our whole selves to work. We’re a diverse group on multiple dimensions, and we share that with each other.
- We challenge. We’re first principles thinkers, and those principles guide our product and GTM decisions. Things you won’t hear at Writer include “Because that’s what X wants” or “Company Y does it this way.” We’re all on the same side as we build Writer our own way.
- We own. Building a company that achieves escape velocity is hard work. We take full ownership over our schedules and our outcomes, because we believe that’s the purest-energy way to work that hard.
📈 Our operating cadence
- We’re a low-meeting (<4 hours/week for most people) culture, with 1-2 weeks a quarter that are totally meeting-free.
- We’ve been distributed since day 1, and our distributed processes and rituals are long-engrained.
- There’s low overhead, and projects are single-threaded.
- We break down company milestones into quarterly goals and projects, and emphasize by team the one thing that matters the most.
- All of our dashboards and metrics are transparent, live in a single view, and are shared with everyone.
- We’re good at communicating async, use DMs and distracting notifications with caution, and respect each other’s work hours. And we’d never send you a calendar invite before making sure you’re free.
- Weeks are tough, but weekends are sacred.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Generate pipeline from ideal customer profile accounts by thoughtfully and creatively reaching out to engage target personas
- Research key accounts’ initiatives to help develop a “hypothesis of value”
- Set meetings for the Sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new Marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to engage with the sales team
- Strategize and execute on multi-touch account-based campaigns in partnership with Marketing and Sales
- Drive attendance for webinars and live events
- …and yes, maintain accurate info in Salesforce to help us scale what works!
⭐️ Is this you?
- Demonstrable success exceeding outbound pipe gen goals in a B2B SaaS startup environment
- Unimpeachable integrity, and expect the same from everyone else
- Demonstrated achievement in a competitive environment
- Genuinely excellent written communication skills – everyone says that, we but we sell to great writers, so we mean it. Poorly written emails = not a good look.
- A self-starter with an experimental mindset – there’s no playbook, so we need your help building it!
- Knowledge of editorial processes a huge plus: if you edited your high school newspaper or majored in English Literature, can you pretty please apply?
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don’t make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit app.joinrise.co.