We’re rebuilding the world’s relationship with credit. Starting with a credit card that has fun and experiences at its core, we’re the antithesis to your dad’s stuffy, corporate, boring credit card.
“It’s as if Time Out, Amex and Monzo had a baby” – Will T, Yonder Member
We’re building the financial membership of the future. Starting with a credit card that has fun and experiences at its core, we’re the antithesis to your dad’s stuffy, corporate, boring credit card.
Whilst tech is revolutionising the finance industry, credit is still stuck in the stone ages. We want to create a world where financial services are fair and conscious, and the stress of debt is eliminated for everyone.
With £20m in seed investment, we’re backed by the best European Seed and Series A investors, early backers of Spotify, Wise, Figma, Revolut and Klarna.
Sounds cool. Tell me about the role.
Over the last 18 months, we’ve grown from just an idea to a beautiful, fully regulated credit product that our members absolutely love. Our Head of Marketing, Tom Davies, is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to own and deliver on performance marketing and growth initiatives.
We have some pretty ambitious growth targets for next year. We need a highly analytical, creative and driven growth marketer to test out new channels, new creative and new ideas on performance marketing channels like Facebook and any other growth opportunities you identify.
We’re not expecting you to be an expert in every area of growth marketing. You’ll have your strengths and weaknesses. What’s important is that you’re excited about developing your growth areas with the support of your team.
We’re looking for someone that:
- Is ruthlessly analytical and methodical This role is deeply analytical. You’ll be guided, informed and measured by the data. You’ll identify opportunities in the data, test new strategies, then report back on what you learnt. You’re comfortable diving into marketing analytic tools like Google Analytics and product analytic tools like Amplitude or Mixpanel. You understand how to take a hypothesis led approach to designing growth experiments and evaluating their success or failures.
- Has 5 – 8 years building full funnel campaigns in Facebook and Google You’ll build multi-level campaigns, deploying unique creative and strategies to guide potential customers through our funnel. You know how to decide what creative to use for what channel, and when to stop, keep going, or change direction based on insights.
- Takes responsibility for targets and works to deliver ambitious goals Our goals are ambitious across the whole business. You’ll be responsible for delivering growth and bringing in other team members when you need support. You recognise growth isn’t just about getting more customers to sign-up but understanding how activation plays an important role in driving customer lifetime value. You also thinking more broadly about growth accelerating growth loops like word-of-mouth.
- Is excited to help define a world-class marketing culture There’ll also be loads of opportunity to influence what marketing looks like at Yonder.
Interesting! What’s it like working at Yonder?
You’ll love working here if you:
- Crave autonomy and thrive when given lots of responsibility. This isn’t the kind of role where you’ll be told how to do your job.
- Enjoy fast-paced environments where things quickly change. This isn’t the kind of role where you’ll spend months on a project that doesn’t see the light of day.
- Enjoy getting stuck in and contributing to the wider success of the business. This role isn’t just about paid marketing; it’s about helping build a growth function whatever it takes.
- Want to contribute to positive change in the world. Credit has a bad rap, with its complicated products and greedy incumbents. We’re empowering and rewarding people through intuitive products that are a joy to use.
- Are excited about working with a ridiculously smart and talented group of people, who’ll push you beyond what most competent people think is possible.
We’re office-first, remote friendly
We’re based in our Old Street office, complete with terrace, breakfast, coffee, dogs and plenty of comfortable space to do your best work. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work hard enough to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
We take a values lead approach to credit
Our principles are incredibly important to us, so we recommend you check them out here: Our DNA
We take development really seriously
We have a pretty structured process for progression, with fortnightly one-on-ones and quarterly peer perspectives. We also take some time at the end of each week to reflect and celebrate what we’ve learned and achieved.
🚀 Yonder will be great if you crave a fast-paced environment
We’re a nimble, fast moving startup that punches considerably above our weight. It’s not the kind of place where you can coast through. It will be incredibly rewarding, often quite intense, but with considerable financial upside if we get it right.
We don’t keep normal 9-5 hours. Yonderers are free to work when they want, but the bar is high for everyone in every role.
What’s in it for me?
Depending on your skillset and what you can bring from day one, you’ll be looking at:
💰 £80,000 – £100,000 annual salary
📈 Around £80,000 in stock options
✈️ 35 holidays (27 days annual leave + 8 days public leave)
⛷ Bi-annual team building trips abroad (we’re off skiing in February)
🧠 Learning and training allowance (£500/year)
🍳 Monthly team breakfast
⛳️ Monthly team events like Mini-golf, Escape Rooms, Cocktail making
🚴 Cycle-to-work scheme
☕️ Fresh pour-over coffee made by our very own CEO, Tim
What’s the application process like?
We take the candidate experience really seriously, so we’ve made the process as transparent as possible. We also promise to be super responsive, and will never leave you wondering where you stand for weeks on end. Here’s how it works:
Apply here: https://app.otta.com/jobs/TWlpci9k
Stage 1: Hiring manager call (30 mins):
We’ll have an initial call to find out a bit more about one another.
Stage 2: Marketing review: (60 mins):
We’ll dive into your experience in growth marketing and understand how you’ve approached your work in previous roles, and how you might approach things at Yonder.
Stage 3: Values interview (60 mins):
We’ll discuss both of our working styles and values, to see if we’re aligned.
Stage 4: Take away task (60 mins):
We’ll give you a short task, where you’ll have your chance to shine and show us what you can do. This will be limited to just a couple hours work.
We promise to make a decision within 48 hours.
🌈 We know that diverse teams build better products. If you’re from an under-represented community, we’d especially love to hear from you.
👉 Even if you don’t feel 100% qualified, please do apply anyway. Your attitude and desire to grow is just as important as your experience.