The Zoom Public Relations (PR) team is responsible for positioning Zoom as the industry leader in communications and collaboration and driving awareness around Zoom innovations through proactive press momentum around Zoom’s product suite, innovation, strategic partnerships, and executive thought leadership. You will report to the Product PR Lead within Zoom’s Brand & Communication organization.
About the role:
The Product PR Manager will be responsible for coordinating PR activities in support of our growing product portfolio, focusing on the Zoom platform and innovations. The position requires collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams internally to oversee communications related to our products and assist with driving pivotal milestone launches, executing momentum plans throughout the year, and working with reporters to land impactful stories.
- Develop proactive PR/media strategy for product program news and updates
- Secure a steady drumbeat of feature coverage that articulates the value of the Zoom platform
- Lead collaboration with internal partners to manage reviews for product press releases, blogs, and proactive outreach
- Partner with EMEA and APAC PR leads for in-region product announcements
- Manage inbound product media inquiries
- Interaction with and management of agency resources
- Research and coordinate timing, approval, and submission for relevant product awards
- Identify opportunities to highlight product leadership
- Vet requests for speaking engagements related to the product team
- Develop press releases as needed
- Support other PR initiatives as needed
- Track relevant media coverage and report as needed; Measure and analyze coverage to inform PR strategy and planning, reporting results back to stakeholders
- The ideal candidate will have tech and product PR experience, has experience managing external PR agency resources, will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude, and will value cross-functional collaboration and results.
- BA/BS degree (e.g. Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in the PR field, a mix of agency and corporate in-house technology communications experience preferred
- Experience with B2B companies/tech companies and familiarity with tech media
- Working knowledge of Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong program/project management and organization skills are a must
- Positive, collaborative, and team-oriented; thrives in building relationships and working cross-functionally
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Strong eye for detail
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom’s benefits is on our careers page here.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom’s Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected].