Over the past 15 years, we have seen a shift in the focus of business models across every industry – from selling physical products via one-time transactions to monetizing services via ongoing customer (aka subscriber) relationships. This is the “Subscription Economy” a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo, he even wrote the book on it: Subscribed.
Companies have realized that the path to growth going forward is to establish direct, digital relationships with their customers, and monetize these relationships through an ever growing set of digital services.
Our vision is simple: we call it “The World Subscribed.” It’s the idea that one day every company will join the Subscription Economy — a $1.5 Trillion opportunity by 2025 according to UBS.
Our mission: to power the world’s best companies to win in the Subscription Economy.
The Team & Role
Zuora’s Product Marketing team works diligently to connect the dots between internal and external groups to inform the strategic direction and positioning of our product offerings. Through storytelling, messaging, positioning, thought leadership, competitive intelligence, analyst relations, pricing and packaging, we help Zuora grow by increasing win rates, net dollar retention and revenue expansion. Like many others at Zuora, our team is a team of teams partnering closely with our engineering, design, sales and marketing organizations (to name a few) in a collaborative effort to make shift happen.
The Outcomes You’ll Drive
POSITION ZUORA AS A MARKET-LEADING MONETIZATION PLATFORM: Position Zuora as the only monetization platform for modern businesses, and accelerate Zuora into a leadership position.
- We are masters of positioning – ensuring our customers know how Zuora is a world-class monetization platform that helps them nurture and monetize subscriber relationships.
- We nail our product launches, using innovation milestones as a mechanism for evangelizing the Subscription Economy’s resilience with our customers and other market influencers.
- We create mind-blowing content that communicates our story and makes our product shine.
EMPOWERED FIELD ARMY: Ensure our field army has the calm confidence that comes with knowing we have the best solution in the market. We aggressively go head to head with the world’s largest software companies – knowing that we alone can deliver the best Monetization Platform for recurring revenue.
- We have a feedback loop that helps PMM tap into experiences in the field, digest, and use to iterate and improve our position.
- We make best in class playbooks, collateral, customer stories and demos to drive our win rates.
- We crush competition. We know how to position. We understand competitors’ weak spots.
- We are the voice of our customers and field to Product, guiding Product to ensure our technology backs up our narrative and meets our customers’ critical needs.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS: Develop and lead clear New Product Introduction plans which translate product innovations within the Zuora Billing product line into solutions with repeatable customer buying motions that drive product adoption and revenue growth.
- We work with Product Leaders to provide company-wide clarity on target customers (personas/ICP), their pain, and why they chose Zuora over alternatives.
- We develop best-in-class messaging, content, and assets to arm the field with everything they need to start selling new modules immediately.
- We iterate relentlessly as we test hypotheses and discover what’s working and where we can improve cross-functionally.
- We use this GTM approach to learn, change, and ultimately drive up adoption across our customer base and Zuora’s revenue growth rate.
Who We’re Looking For
5-10+ years’ experience in Product, Marketing, and/or Solution Consulting
- Technical and Field experience – adept at translating complex technical concepts into bite size value statements.
- Content & Asset Delivery Master – has produced high quality customer-facing content and field assets to strategically evangelize key messages
- Enterprise software background – worked at B2B technology companies where they were selling into large enterprises
- Cross-functional collaboration – can work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales organizations to develop a GTM plan that delivers a revenue number.
- Kaizen Captain – Ability to generate new or improved ideas, approaches, products or solutions and persuade others to support, build, and adopt them.
- Strategic Influencer – Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, driving execution of a plan in a global organization with conflicting priorities
- Buyer Value Obsessed – Passion for understanding customers/buyer pains and needs, and can align the organization to address them
- Competitive compensation, company equity, and retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and “wellness” days and company wide winter break
- Generous, flexible time off
- 6 months fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development stipend
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back, including charitable donation match
- Free resources and support for your mental wellbeing
*Specific benefits offerings may vary by country
As the Subscription Economy leader, Zuora empowers today’s innovative companies to nurture and monetize direct, digital relationships. Our award-winning multi-product portfolio now includes Zuora Revenue, Zuora Collect and Zuora Central Platform. More recently, we’ve added subscription experience platform Zephr to our family, further expanding our capabilities to serve as an intelligent hub that monetizes the complete quote to cash and revenue recognition process at scale.
Through our combination of technology and expertise, Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) helps more than 1,000 companies around the world, including BMC Software, Box, Caterpillar, General Motors, Penske Media Corporation, Schneider Electric, Siemens and Zoom nurture and monetize direct, digital customer relationships. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora operates offices around the world in the U.S., EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
At Zuora, we’re building an inclusive, high-performance culture that every ZEO wants to subscribe to. We want ZEOs at every level to feel valued, included, and inspired to innovate, connect and collaborate authentically as we pioneer the Subscription Economy. You’ll be empowered to think like an owner, take initiative and together, with the support of your team you’ll push each other to the next level and help transform business models everywhere.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com
Zuora is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think, be and do you! At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences and contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora does not discriminate on the basis of, and considers individuals seeking employment with Zuora without regards to, race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)zuora.com.