There is a massive shift in the global economy as consumers embrace Usership over Ownership, and companies across industries are re-imagining their underlying business models – shifting away from selling products and towards delivering services that are subscribed to or consumed.
Zuora has been on the forefront of this change, helping leaders like Ford, Zoom, Siemens, Gitlab, and launch, scale, and transform their businesses for the new era. We’ve gone from venture-backed startup to the public leader in our category.
But the opportunity ahead is 100x bigger.
As our customers are in the midst of transition, so is our platform. We’re evolving from a single, best in class product line, to a portfolio of applications, each with billion dollar TAMs. Our customers increasingly see us not as just a useful application, but as a mission-critical platform that serves as the core operating system for their business lines with recurring and flexible monetization models.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager capable of taking the highly technical concepts found in our Platform product and making them come alive for our field team and our customers through stories that connect capabilities to subscriber experience. This integral member of the Marketing Strategy team at Zuora will partner with product, sales, and marketing teams to turn our GTM strategy for this multi-hundred million dollar product line into revenue.
The Outcomes You’ll Drive
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS: Develop and lead clear Go to Market plans which translate product innovations within the Zuora Platform product line into solutions with repeatable customer buying motions that drive product adoption and revenue growth.
- Work with Product to provide company-wide clarity on target customers (personas/ICP), their pain, and why they chose Zuora over alternatives.
- Develop messaging, content, and assets to arm the field with everything they need to start selling immediately.
- Iterate relentlessly as we test hypotheses and discover what’s working and where we can improve cross-functionally.
- We use this GTM approach to learn, change, and ultimately drive up adoption across our customer base and Zuora’s revenue growth rate.
POSITION ZUORA AS THE ONLY MONETIZATION PLATFORM FOR MODERN BUSINESS: Position Zuora Platform’s modules and capabilities in a way that transforms the perception of Monetization Platforms, and accelerates Zuora into a leadership position.
- We are masters of positioning – ensuring our customers know how Zuora Platform enables them to provide world class Subscriber Experiences.
- We nail our product launches, using innovation milestones as a mechanism for evangelizing the Subscription Economy’s resilience with our customers and other market influencers (industry analysts, etc).
- We create mind-blowing content that communicates our story and makes our product shine.
EMPOWERED FIELD ARMY: Ensure our field army has the calm confidence that comes with knowing we have the best solution in the market. We aggressively go head to head with the world’s largest software companies – knowing that we alone can deliver the best Monetization Platform for recurring revenue.
- We have a feedback loop that helps PMM tap into experiences in the field, digest, and use to iterate and improve our position.
- We make best in class playbooks, collateral, customer stories and demos to drive our win rates.
- We crush competition. We know how to position. We understand competitors’ weak spots.
- We are the voice of our customers and field to Product, guiding Product to ensure our technology backs up our narrative and meets our customers’ critical needs.
- Storytelling Mastery: Delivers next-level content and assets with effective positioning which weaves many threads together into a fully detailed, rich experience.
- Results and Productivity: Gets results, accomplishes objectives and sees projects to completion by driving collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Product, and other stakeholders.
- Buyer Value Obsessed: Is driven by a passion for understanding customer values and needs, and can align the organization to deliver solutions that address them.
- Collaboration in Virtual Teams: Models and encourages teamwork by fostering cooperation, communication, trust, and shared goals. Demonstrates dependability executing projects on time and with high quality.
- Planning, Prioritizing, and Maintaining Focus: Establishes short-term goals, clarifies roles and responsibilities, sets priorities and milestones, and is not distracted by unimportant details or activities
- Agent of Change: Challenges the status quo, supports fresh perspectives, tries out new approaches, and enlists support for change initiatives
- Cross-functional Partnerships: Works effectively with other groups and functions, shares information across the enterprise, and considers the impact of decisions on other departments and groups
- Judgment and Reasoning: Effectively gathers and interprets data, analyzes problems, identifies core issues, exercises common sense, sees critical connections and ramifications, and weighs alternatives to make effective business decisions.
- Domain Expertise: Experience and understanding of multi-tenant, public cloud based SaaS offerings, architecture, principles of APIs and DevOps, and engineering for extensibility.
3-5+ years’ experience in Product Marketing, Product, Marketing, and/or Solutions Consulting
- Technical and Field experience– adept at translating technical concepts (architecture, applications, security and compliance, processes, etc.) into bite size value statements for less technically inclined audiences
- Content & Asset Delivery Master– has produced high quality customer-facing content and field assets to strategically evangelize key messages
- Enterprise software background– worked at B2B technology companies where they were selling into large enterprises
- Cross-functional collaboration– can work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales organizations to develop a GTM plan that delivers a revenue number.
- Kaizen Captain– Ability to generate new or improved ideas, approaches, products or solutions and persuade others to support, build, and adopt them.
- Strategic Influencer– Demonstrated ability to lead through influence, driving execution of a plan in a global organization with conflicting priorities
To apply for this job please visit www.zuora.com.
Follow us on social media