At Exact Sciences, we’re helping change how the world prevents, detects and guides treatment for cancer. We give patients and clinicians the clarity needed to make confident decisions when they matter most. Join our team to find a purpose-driven career, an inclusive culture, and robust benefits to support your life while you’re working to help others.
The Revenue Operations Specialist is a subject matter expert in our domestic, direct, and business-to-business billing processes who can articulate on-the-job training as required to support Analysts. This position will manage and monitor the day-to-day billing operations, ensuring monthly direct bill invoices are sent out in a timely manner. The position ensures the accuracy of billing information and monitors the collection and posting of payments. This role will liaise with clients and work at reducing aging accounts and have the confidence in providing solutions and suggestions on how to improve revenue collection. The Revenue Operations Specialist will have extensive contact with multiple internal and external parties and will provide comprehensive reports for internal stakeholders.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for oversight of daily billing activities and providing guidance to Analysts.
- Generate and send out monthly invoices to clients.
- Manage aging accounts and follow-up with clients on overdue balances.
- Resolve solution process issues brought forth by staff.
- Review, track, and maintain billing information in Epic and other systems.
- Assist leadership in developing training curriculum for new hires, new workflows, and new processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert and assist with educating team on system(s), workflows, and guidelines.
- Keeps manager informed of any workflow or process issues.
- Act as first respondent to escalated issues and appropriately escalate to upper management when necessary.
- Efficiently and accurately post payments received from clients.
- Chase Collect on overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
- Work with Sales/Market Access and/or Legal teams to resolve payment issues on aging accounts.
- Update and/or create new client bill guarantor accounts within Epic or other systems.
- Respond promptly and completely to client and internal inquiries.
- Provide ad-hoc support as necessary within the department (i.e. special projects, provide support due to outages/high volume).
- Maintain a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build solid working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused on performing quality work.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and organizational skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Must be adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous and unexpected situations.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work effectively in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Must adhere to productivity and quality standards.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures and guidelines including, but not limited to, Code of Business Conduct, Ethics and HIPAA.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday during typical business hours.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities while delivering successful results.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Use of computer, and or telephone for prolonged periods of time may be necessary.
- Must successfully complete an assessment showing understanding of Exact Sciences Epic processes necessary to the job functions with a score of 80% or higher. Exact Sciences will make reasonable accommodations available, if necessary, to assist an employee with a disability to satisfy this requirement.
- Associate’s degree or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 2+ years of experience in direct business-to-business billing in lieu of associates degree.
- 2+ years of experience directly or indirectly leading others.
- Experience with Epic or other EHR system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet navigation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or related field.
- 2+ years of direct business-to-business billing and collections experience.
- Proven analytical and negotiating skills.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with various online invoicing platforms (Tungsten, WAWF, Bill.com, Ariba, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel.
$58,000.00 – $92,000.00
The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US – WI – Madison on a full-time basis and may differ by hiring location. In addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as annually.
Exact Sciences is proud to offer an employee experience that includes paid time off (including days for vacation, holidays, volunteering, and personal time), paid leave for parents and caregivers, a retirement savings plan, wellness support, and health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage. Learn more about our benefits.
Our success relies on the experiences and perspectives of a diverse team, and Exact Sciences fosters a culture where all employees can develop personally and professionally with a sense of respect and belonging. If you require an accommodation, email [email protected]. We’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community and stay up to date on what’s new at Exact Sciences.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Any applicant or employee may request to view applicable portions of the company’s affirmative action program.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters, visit our compliance hub. The documents summarize important details of the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.