You are responsible for a highly visible and customer-facing position within the Professional Services organization and the wider Customer Success team. Your role involves working with various teams, including but not limited to Professional Services Engineers, Project Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Architects, Professional Services Operations, and the Sales Organization. As a Program Manager, your main responsibility is to oversee and manage customer programs and a portfolio of projects. Your primary role is to ensure the successful delivery of client projects, including long-term strategy, while also managing the overall program and providing strategic guidance to the team and customer. You report to the Regional Delivery Manager in your capacity as a Professional Services Program Manager.
What you’ll do
- Lead delivery of multi-workstream professional services engagements with some of the largest and most strategic customers.
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders including executive leaders, counterpart program/project managers, engineering, development, and security and teams.
- Develop a delivery methodology that leverages agile and project management best practices. Communicate how this methodology will be used to key customer stakeholders. Lead the execution of the methodology by bringing together customer and GitLab team members.
- Build and continuously communicate Program Roadmap, dependencies, and deliverables
- Manage stakeholder expectations to gain approval from stakeholders on project milestones.
- Define program strategy to include
- Program justification
- Program benefits
- In scope / Out of scope projects
- Timeline and schedule
- Resources (how many teams, PMs, PSEs, TAs etc)
- Identify Stakeholders
- Create a program level RACI chart
- Define Program Success Criteria
- Create Program Level WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) for all the projects
- Create Communication plans between projects with Stakeholders
- Define Program Escalation Path
- Work closely with Engagement Managers to define workstreams when scoping larger customer programs, which may include reviewing proposals or Statements of Work prior to signature
- Assist the Regional Delivery Managers in creating and executing quarterly OKRs that drive optimization of all Project Manager processes
What you’ll bring
- Proficiency with forecasting and reporting metrics
- Ability to lead Project Management Program Level meetings, including but not limited to, the Weekly PM meeting
- Ability to formulate, organize, monitor, and manage inter-connected projects
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines for long-term projects
- Develop long-term plans in collaboration with customers
- Ability to partner with Engagement Managers and Architects to develop long term plans in support of customer adoption and transformation
- GitLab Project Management Certified within 2 months of the role
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently for residents of listed locations only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Colorado/Washington pay range $83,100—$160,300 USD
California/New York/New Jersey pay range $83,100—$178,200 USD
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobicy.com/jobs/96856-customer-success-manager-enterprise-west→