Do you want to be a part of something transformational?
As a Cross-Platform Architect in the MarTech Architecture team within Vanguard’s Enterprise MarTech Engineering function, you will play a key role in guiding the design, integration, and implementation of Vanguard’s marketing platforms. You will design systems that leverage web/mobile data collection to power our sites and digital experiences (Adobe AEM, Target, Real-Time CDP) and integrate marketing and customer experience platforms to support personalization use cases. You will build the foundation for current and future use cases on Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) to support audience management, customer segmentation, marketing activation, omni-channel journey management, decision management, testing/optimization, and journey analytics. You will help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic marketing technology projects across all Vanguard divisions globally.
You will work along-side a team of architects responsible for the design and integration of technologies across the entire MarTech ecosystem, ensuring that solutions bridge business and technology requirements, and technology is implemented consistently across Vanguard business units and functions. As the MarTech Cross-Platform Architect, you will define the optimal architecture necessary to streamline design, development, deployment, and scale Vanguard’s marketing orchestration tools and technologies across all Vanguard business divisions.
In this role you will:
- Partner with product and engineering to articulate feasible cross-MarTech Platform technology choices that meet Vanguard business, IT, and enterprise security requirements
- Bridge business and technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform
- Put forth a viable, scalable technology point of view; be knowledgeable and conversant with the offline and online (digital) marketing technology landscape
- Lead cross-MarTech platform architecture conversations with senior IT management and be the technology voice of the solution
- Support technology architecture decisions during planning and design of new MarTech platform initiatives and capabilities prioritized in the Enterprise MarTech Roadmap
- Provide guidance to product and engineering in the planning, design, and implementation of Vanguard’s enterprise marketing orchestration platform initiatives including audience management & segmentation, journey management, decisioning, personalization, testing/optimization, and web/mobile data collection.
- Be responsible for designing and maintaining next generation MarTech platforms, leveraging AWS marketing cloud technologies (where appropriate).
- Collaborate with solution architects, infrastructure architects, application architects and product owners to deliver marketing orchestration solutions that meet Vanguard business / marketing requirements and align with Enterprise MarTech strategy.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new technologies and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping, creation of technical solutions for omni-channel marketing capabilities, and guide implementation to production.
- Play a strategic role in designing cloud systems that consider end user experience of marketing stakeholders, enables marketing automation, and provides the data needed form marketing activation the marketing and data platforms
- Maintain MarTech platform technology standards; evaluate and direct new technology designs
- Play a vital role in designing, enhancing, implementing and scaling cloud platforms
- Drive engineering and architectural best practices broadly throughout the organization
- Maintain knowledge of the latest MarTech and marketing technology platforms to drive business outcomes and support next level digital marketing needs
- Understand and align with IT policies and procedures, Enterprise Data Governance, Privacy, Legal, and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies work meet requirements.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
What it takes: (must have)
- 8 to 12+ years of professional IT experience
- 5 to 8+ years prior experience in MarTech, with emphasis in Adobe and Salesforce Marketing Cloud platforms
- 1 to 3+ years hands on experience with Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and Real Time CDP and/or Adobe Audience Manager
- 1 to 3+ years hands on experience with some of the following technologies:
- Tag management tools (Adobe Launch, Tealium, Segment), web data layers and/or XDM schema definition
- Personalization (Adobe Target, Optimizely)
- Web content management systems (Adobe AEM, SiteCore, Drupal)
- Technical background in omni-channel marketing with demonstrable hands-on experience.
- Experience designing solution architectures across cloud platforms, enterprise systems and toolsets in support of marketing and sales processes using robust data platforms.
- The ability to translate marketing use cases and business requirements into technical specifications, platform configurations, and scalable and practical solutions that deliver business outcomes
- Strong process knowledge and orientation to deliver business outcomes in a multi-functional environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to present to technical and non-technical platform users, partners, and executive audiences
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience in leading and organizing project teams and working across organizational boundaries to deliver positive results.
- Leading by example, driven, excellent execution and problem-solving skills
What Sets You Apart: (nice to have)
- 5+ years utilizing Agile development practices, including scrum, Kanban and lean
- Experience using modern software development and engineering practices, including DevOps, test automation and test-driven development, Site Reliability Engineering
- Familiarity with data driven marketing and use of data to automate omni-channel marketing interaction
- Experience with consent and preference management platforms, OneTrust preferred
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Strong understanding of marketing orchestration concepts and cross-platform requirements:
- Recognition of individuals and identities across channel
- Real-time capture and management of interaction data
- Responsive customer journey design, testing, and optimization
- Cross-channel campaign automation and execution
- Rules-based and predictive selection of next-best experience
- Preference and permissions management
Vanguard is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.